Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 29-03-2011 , 11:33 PM

another lighting question

ok soo i was looking through some of the ttributes of the spot light and wat is the light glow? and how does it work?

# 2 30-03-2011 , 05:06 AM
Administrator
It is what it says on the box, you wont be able to get laser beams with it though so better to go with geometry. You can use this for simple halo effects and lens flare but glow is better controlled in post apps like AE.

# 3 30-03-2011 , 04:37 PM
i wasnt gonna use it for the laser light... i was just curious as to how it works and wat it looks like used correctly.

# 4 30-03-2011 , 06:31 PM
Administrator
If you use it with a volume light instead, turn on fog and add some different colors to the gradient on the volume light you can get some pretty cool galaxy like effects. Give it a go user added image