Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-09-2004 , 09:05 PM

render particles

hey ya!

i`m kind of new in maya, i`m working on a personal proyect that includes particles but the problem is thath when i render the scene i don`t get particles, so...pleas anyone help me
thanks
kamususer added image user added image

# 2 07-09-2004 , 09:07 PM
If you're using hardware particles, then they need to be rendered using the hardware renderer. Only cloud, blobby surface and tube particles will show up in the normal renderer...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 07-09-2004 , 11:06 PM
Since someone asks this same question 1-2 times a week, maybe the moderators could post this advice as a sticky thread.

Just a thought.

# 4 10-09-2004 , 06:23 PM
*cough cough* Dirack refreshes thread I agree with Dann, there should be a good sticky for this. user added image user added image

# 5 18-01-2005 , 07:35 PM
so when u render hardware particles you need to use a hardware render and when you have software particles you need to use software render........IS THAT RIGHT?
So what if im creating a scene that i want to software render and it has hardware particles.
SO the basic idea is that you need to use a different kind of render for two totally opposite objects in your scene..............................DO YOU HAVE TO CREATE RENDERING LAYERS FOR THIS?.............if so does that mean that you have to render the scene twice for every different render?

yeah i absolutely think we need a sticky for this one! user added image user added image