Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-10-2008 , 12:36 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

view

hi all what can i do to view the whole scene when i rescale some objects its as if they disappear

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 16-10-2008 , 12:41 PM
Adjust the far clipping planes in the camara attribute editor to a higher value, like 1000000 or something

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 16-10-2008 , 01:01 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
thanks gster123 you always manage to solve my problems also how do i create objects with real life measurements like in cm or mm i checked on the documentation and as usual it was no help

# 4 16-10-2008 , 01:10 PM
in the prefs, check what units your in, the defaults cm, then just make the object to the dimensions you want a 1x1x1 cube is therefore 1cm in X,Y,Z, but you can choose what dimensions you want cm, mm, m etc. But remember all calculations for dynamics are in cm if I remember correctly or is could be meters, no I think its cm.

If you want it really accurate, use a measuring tool under the create menu to set out sizes

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle