Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-05-2010 , 10:39 AM
Lifetime Member

uv copy problem

Hi guys,

I know its probably something really bloody simple but this one has me stumped. I dont know if I have inadvertantly hit a key or what but I need a hand.

In Kurts tut on the Spitfire he duplicates his tyre, then highlights the UV in persp panel and does a flip then highlights the original half and ends up with 2 sets of UV's for the tyre.

I have tried, checked, tried again to emulate this but cant seem to do it. Everytime I highlight the copy the original also lights up the UV and I cant get it to work.

vid attached

Thanks bullet

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4090628/uv%20error.wmv

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 04-05-2010 , 04:04 PM
i might be wrong but maybe u haven't done an instant duplicate as i can see from the video when he selects the tyre UV's the other one gets selected as well

or it could be something else

Autume Challenge Nov 09

Moving Forward
# 3 04-05-2010 , 04:27 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Yeah that definatley sounds like an instanced model you have mate

Jay

# 4 04-05-2010 , 10:42 PM
Lifetime Member
Thanks guys I will check the settings,

I dont remember changing it??? Thats not something I muck around with........hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm

Stranger things have happened I suppose. Will let you know in a minute.

cheers Ant

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 04-05-2010 , 10:46 PM
Lifetime Member
Thank you very much guys,

I dont know how the hell that happened!!!! I dont remember changing that at all???? Oh well problem solved, thanks heaps guys, now I know I shall remember it.

Thread can be closed admin, thanks heaps.

dooohhhhhh

cheers Ant

bullet1968