Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-04-2006 , 07:56 PM
Subscriber

outside

i haven't done anything for a long time due to university problems lol. so i thought i might do an outside scene.
first time i've done anything like this but i thought it might be fun.
its based on the stereotypical american house and what comes out of my head lol
i have know idea how to light this realistically so any help would be much appreciatted.for now i use the clay render just to see if it looks ok.

C&Cs are very welcome.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 12-04-2006 , 08:44 PM
Subscriber
looks good. although the stereotypical american house that I grew up in had more of a roof over the whole thing. I'm just messin with you. It looks like a really good start. naturally needs some sttention in certain areas which I'm sure your well aware of and will address when you go to add more parts. a little hard to actually critique it right now until you actually have more of the house. But it looks like a really good start. I can't wait to see the result.

"So the Doctor Sais I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger out of there."
~Ralph Wiggum
# 3 12-04-2006 , 08:46 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Its a good start, as Brentley Davis has stated already, do some more as its not all there right now.

Mirek will be pleased, its not a transformer for once!!
user added image

Kind regards
Jay

# 4 13-04-2006 , 09:05 AM
Subscriber
cheers thanks for the nice comments.
i dont think im gonna do the entire house just this portion but i can see how it goes, it will have a roof eventually.be a bit strange if it didnt.lol

# 5 15-04-2006 , 05:10 PM
Subscriber
how about some updates spakooggie

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 6 15-04-2006 , 07:21 PM
nice start - haven't done anything like this, so I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
user added image

# 7 16-04-2006 , 02:59 PM
Subscriber
sorry for the lack of updates been busy with uni stuff.and my computer went mad on me so i had to sort it out lol.
should have some more updates 2nyt.