Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-09-2006 , 08:20 PM
Subscriber

Simply Maya User Tutorials

I got to thinking and don't you think this site would be a whole lot more popular if you made a section for your very own users at Simply Maya to make and give out their tutorials?

You could just add another section to the forums called "User Tutorials" or whatever. Then you could have a Sticky with a simple guideline to how the tutorials should be posted.

For example, the sticky could say:

1. Please host any images included in your tutorial on www.imageshack.com or other free image hosting sites.

2. Please make the tutorial step by step so it can be easily understood.

3. State in your first post that you are currently posting your tutorial so viewers can know not to post just yet. Then edit the post to give viewers permission to post.

Users Viewing the Tutorial:

1. Please respect wether or not a tutorial is under construction (e.g. Don't post yet if the author has stated not to do so)

2. Give feedback on the tutorial so the author can make it better.

End of Sticky.

This way newcomers and even experienced members can learn new tips, tricks, methods, and more.

Tell me what you all think.

EDIT: Before someone attempts to say it.... Yes of course I've noticed the Tutorials/Blueprints section. That's for links to tutorials. I'm talking about people making their own tutorials on here.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.

Last edited by gohan1842; 09-09-2006 at 08:25 PM.
# 2 10-09-2006 , 08:00 AM
Subscriber
that plan is critically flored as if some 1 is posting in 2 parts some1 elese whos is posting 1 will have to wait which may be a long time

the idea is good but it would be better off replacing a old forum like the hosting 1 as that is not used ne more since hosting has been discontinued by SM

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 10-09-2006 , 08:06 AM
Thats why they should respect what the tutorial maker has said in their original post.

Or have I got the wrong idea??

# 4 10-09-2006 , 11:00 AM
Subscriber
I don't know what you mean pbman but look at that one thread by Mirek about the environment. See how he/she kind of made it a tutorial.

I meant you can make your own thread tutorial. Still not sure about what you mean pbman but I hope that answered it lol.

But yea it's just an idea. The admins can handle all the technical specs of it. I just threw a starting idea on there.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
# 5 10-09-2006 , 11:17 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by gohan1842
See how he/she

it ?
:p

. i dont think thats such a good idea. most peopel her noobs-intermediate users; not quite able to fully make tuts.
besies most people here are looking for answers, how can they make tuts already.

# 6 10-09-2006 , 02:46 PM
Subscriber
Lol yea I was thinking the same about the amount of people that would actually make tutorials.

Once again... hey it was just an idea.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
# 7 11-09-2006 , 03:17 AM
Subscriber
may b i miss understood u

i thought u meant 1 thread for all tutsie like the tips and cheats one

i meant that u would create a thread per tut

i see what u mean
vladimirjp

but still they might have a method that u may not know