Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 29-10-2007 , 09:28 PM

Tutorials in this website

In my opinion the existing tutorials don't cover a lot of the basics for Maya. a lot of the tutorials contain these but they aren't specific about certain features and techniques...
I think It will help a lot to the community if there'll be a larger amount of short basic tutorials, And maybe even a thread for requests for tutorials...
Benny

# 2 29-10-2007 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber
whats not here.., and theres a lot on the free list here thats basic.., you can google and find in a podcast.., if you really want to find it you will.., but that being said.., i still cant say i agree.., i think they do a fair job here.., im not sure this is a 'training' site as such.., more an enthusiasts site.., i might be wrong.., anyway., this is basically where i learnt/learn .., i only used the free tuts.., cant ask much more than that..,

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 29-10-2007 , 11:03 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
This is probably due to the fact that most people who are here already have the basic prior knowledge of things already sorted.

What kind of basics are you looking for?

In the tutes Ive seen by Kurt he explains stuff clearly and concisely. I do my best as well when I explain stuff. Every tutor is different in their methods and may only explain in the way that they know best works for them.

Most of the tutes available are labelled, beginner or intermediate even advanced.

But also try to remember there are help files within Maya that will explain stuff on a base level, there are even tutorials with those files to get you started.

As for asking requests, visit the Suggestions thread...

Cheers
Jay

# 4 30-10-2007 , 12:40 AM
Jr.Who
I don't know about this. I've learnt a lot from these guys. But, you should always look around for other tutorials, because people always have different workflows and you can learn something different from each one.

Although, it would be cool to see some more people making tutorials, especially some more free ones.

# 5 30-10-2007 , 01:05 AM
I'll be hopefully producing some new tuts covering a few new areas, more lighting and and z brush. Areas i dont us as much for my work...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb