Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 14-12-2010 , 03:46 PM
Administrator

How to purchase Simply Maya tutorials (outdated)

Welcome to Simply Maya!

We provide video tutorials for Autodesk Maya and other software that integrates with that such as After Effects and Photoshop on our site. The subcategories for our complete 500+ hour video library can be found in our Main Tutorial Index from where you can access the individual pages for all the tutorials we have on various topics.

Our tutorials can be purchased in one out of three ways:

1. Video Credits
This system allows you to download only the parts of a tutorial you're interested in watching instead of getting the complete project and pay for learning materials you might not need. The video credits are priced in such a way that the more you buy at any one point the cheaper they get.
2. Simply Maya Shop
This allows you to get the individual tutorials you want in one go and it's easy to use, as soon as you're payment is processed which happens within seconds from when you pay you simply go back to the tutorial page where you can start to download your tutorial. If you want to browse around our video library and shop you can add multiple tutorials through our cart system and check out your cart once you've added the the projects you want to get.
3. Lifetime Memberships
The Lifetime Membership was recently introduced on the site and this is the best option if you would like to get many of the tutorials we have here on Simply Maya. Lifetime Memberships do not expire like streaming subscriptions as we know you learn Maya over time which means you'll need to go back to your tutorials for reference. These memberships are here to offer you an alternative to other sites that force you to rent the training material that you have already paid for as we think this is wrong. When you rent a book at the library this is free which is why you return it. Lifetime Members have full access to every tutorial that is currently on this site and every tutorial we'll release in the future, you can come back and redownload whatever you want when you need it for as long as we're here and you also have instant access to our new tutorials the moment we release them on the site. Our Lifetime Membership is priced at 350 USD until December 31st 2010 as a launch special.

We allow for repeat downloads for all our members so whether you choose to get our tutorials with Video Credits, as individual projects or through a Lifetime Membership you can come back and redownload what you need at any time.

We also have Free Tutorials and Free Maya Resources which are available to everyone who registers on our site.

If you have any questions regarding our training or there are specific topics you would like to see us create tutorials on please contact me at nilla@simplymaya.com or submit a support ticket. You can also post things up on this forum and add your tutorial requests here. We are here to help should you get stuck on something so please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

We hope you'll enjoy our training and we wish you the very best of luck with learning Maya,

Nilla
Simplymaya.com

# 2 01-05-2012 , 03:41 PM
Super Moderator
Nilla, I'm trying to redownload Jay's Alien modeling tut and I can't find the option to do that, I don't know if I'm being a big dummy or what lol.

- Genny

# 3 06-09-2013 , 04:36 PM
Subscriber

problem with tutorial

hi..

i just downloaded the "Poly & Sub D Workflows - Creature Modeling" tutorial, but when
watch it, all i have is a picture of the creature. aren't i supposed to SEE what he's doing
in the video?

# 4 06-09-2013 , 05:20 PM
Technical Director

i just downloaded the "Poly & Sub D Workflows - Creature Modeling" tutorial, but when
watch it, all i have is a picture of the creature. aren't i supposed to SEE what he's doing
in the video?

Yes, that's the entire point. Can you make sure that the file extracted properly? I'll bring this up to our admin and see if he can help you out.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

# 5 06-09-2013 , 05:27 PM
SM Tea Boy
rfjh I'm working on it now for you, sorry about that.

All the best
David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"

# 6 05-09-2014 , 11:11 PM
do you provide project files for the tutorial videos?

# 7 06-09-2014 , 05:39 AM
Technical Director

do you provide project files for the tutorial videos?

We do on most. Which ones are you looking at in particular?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

# 8 16-03-2017 , 10:07 PM
Subscriber

Download Problems!!

I just purchased the star fighter video fro download i click on the create download link and the page says its not found I cant download none of the videos I just purchased....I cant even download the previous ones I bought in the past!!! Fixing this would be great!!

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Josefwells12; 16-03-2017 at 10:10 PM.

# 9 16-03-2017 , 10:12 PM
SM Tea Boy
Working on it now, should be fixed in the next hour

Thanks for letting us know.
David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"

# 10 16-03-2017 , 10:23 PM
Subscriber
the download issue?

# 11 16-03-2017 , 10:27 PM
SM Tea Boy
Yes the download issue should now be resolved please let me know if it's still giving you problems.

I would say the tutorial you purchased came from our archive section which is mainly left online for old members to re-download from. If you'd like i'll swap out the old tutorial for a newer one. Unless you where specifically looking for Maya 2008 training?