Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 30-10-2006 , 04:15 AM

Can not import .obj files in Maya 7?

PLEASE, anybody with Maya, do you know what I can do? I used to be able to import .obj files into Maya5 (or open), but now I have Maya 7 and its not working.... I get a file error. In the script editor it says:

Error: line 1: OBJ file line #####: index out of range for face creation. //
Error: Error reading file

The .obj plugin is enabled, AND I've even read that the file has to have .obj at the end of its name for Maya to recognise it, but reguardless, I can't import .obj, and I really need to! These are the files I am dealing with the most right now, and I'm really getting frustrated because I can't find the solution anywhere on the internet, and I just don't know what to do....

By the way, the problem here stems from POLYGON models, but, there was also a different .obj file I tried to import. I didn't get the error, but the MODEL didn't show up anyway.... I'm not sure what format that character was. It could have been nurbs or some similar format, but probably its not polygons.

So please if ANYBODY finds a fix or what is going wrong here, PLEASE let me in on it! I've been really stumped here for a week, and I'd really like to work on my projects again.... But please let me know if you have any idea what's going on here, because I tried to look up the problem on the net. So far I've only found that the problem exists, but not the solution. Except for the obvious which I already tried.