Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 14-11-2011 , 07:59 PM

Render View Window Size

I have a dual monitor set up, and every time I go to render the window is about the size of one full monitor but is offset to fill both monitors slightly. I have absolutely no idea how to change the default window size. It's getting very frustration resizing the window every time I render. Please help.

Using V8800 Fire Pro

# 2 15-11-2011 , 02:42 AM
the render view should remember where you put it. Just put it where you want it and size it the way you want it and it should open there every time unless you are not saving your preferences.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 3 15-11-2011 , 05:24 AM
Technical Director
It may be that your preferences aren't saving. In general, they save when you close the application. If you're crashing-out, then they aren't being saved. You can force this by opening up the preferences window, and saving them manually there.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.