Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 01-08-2005 , 09:48 AM

copying attributes

Hi

Anybody know how to copy attributes from 1 object to another?

I have created a new attribute for a character's left hand and want to copy it onto the right hand.

Trouble is I have already created the right hand and done a few things to it - so I don't want to just duplicate or mirror the whole left hand again. So how can i transfer just the new attribute over?

thanks user added image

Leese

# 2 01-08-2005 , 06:42 PM
Subscriber
please clarify what type of attribute...

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 02-08-2005 , 05:02 AM
well they're new attributes I created for the hand. I used SDK to wire it to finger curls (x5). So I can make each finger curl.

# 4 24-08-2005 , 09:44 PM
give me detail for this

fsdaahg
# 5 21-09-2005 , 08:33 AM
Hi dudes and dudettes! digged this here out. I have the same duplicating/mirroring SDK problem in my WIP located ->

https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=7

postings from the 20th of sept. are relevant therefore and give some more information on the problem. but the core is the same and still easy to tell:

How do I mirror/duplicate SDK performed on the right hand to the left hand?

it is an easy question but noone seems to know the answer.

PS: lisa, if you allready found out, could you please post some information either here or in my WIP?

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.