Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-03-2007 , 10:14 PM

Cartoon

I want to create a cartoon in Maya 6.0 like the ones that look realistic. I want to know how to create a character and a nice seen. I really don’t feel like buying more DVDs or books so if any one has a tutorial or plug-in that can help just post. Thanks allot.

# 2 16-03-2007 , 10:23 PM
with realistic cartoon, do you mind kind of "Nemo" realism ?

# 3 16-03-2007 , 10:26 PM
thats the kind i want

# 4 16-03-2007 , 10:39 PM
Subscriber
That kind of realism isn't going to just fall into your lap, you need to practice. And the best way to practice is using the video tutorials provided by this site and google searching for other tutorials. And upon these tutorials is more practice. Realistic texturing. As far as I know there is absolutely no plug in that will make your character and scene look more realistic.

Practice

# 5 16-03-2007 , 10:45 PM
ok but still do you have tutorials i can practice with.

# 6 16-03-2007 , 10:53 PM
Here are all the movie tuturials on this site https://www.simplymaya.com/movie_pages/

or, you can find it above on your screen in the meny set.

I mean, tha basic of modeling a realistic cartoony character should be the modeling. I am trying to learn modeling my self for the moment.

Afterwards, when you are skilled enough to model the cartoon as you want it to look, I guess realistic texturing is the next step to learn.

Also, it takes time.

# 7 16-03-2007 , 10:54 PM
thanks