Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 17-03-2008 , 04:54 AM
Subscriber

Gaaak! Outliner and the Group Command.

Okay, so I am busy using the outliner to keep all of the elements of my project organized.

Its getting a little complex so it helps to keep things organized in a hierarchy. However, hours of work organizing is down the drain the moment I selected everything in the world space and group them. This is unsatisfactory!

I look in the Outliner and now all of the elements are reordered in one huge list and now I have to go back in and reorder everything all over again.

I just hate it when I'm on a creative roll and suddenly find all work stops because my frustration spoils the moment!

Isn't this feature bizarre? I mean, the fact that the group command can undo the Outliner's organization?