Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 28-10-2003 , 03:42 AM
Thanks Rye!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 17 29-10-2003 , 02:24 AM
G'day ragecgi

pretty nice dude!!!!! user added image

I love the fire & smoke trails.

is that whitish flash the stock fotage? it kinda dosn't fit with the
fire & smoke trails. is it posible to change it's contrast & colour b4 its in the scene?

maybe a lighting flash or bright strobe flash? & a main wrekage goin down?

I take my hat off bro! user added image

xian user added image

# 18 29-10-2003 , 03:40 AM
Good points xian.

Those are the things that I hoped you folks would add to your explosions after cheking out the tutorialuser added image

Thanks!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 19 29-10-2003 , 12:01 PM
19 year Veteran
It seems ( now this is just my opinion ) that the smoke trail of the missle doesn't last long enough. It dissipates rather quickly as the missle is closing in on the target. The smoke from the explosion could last alot longer aswell, but aside from that , the clip was pretty awsome.

# 20 30-10-2003 , 06:27 AM
Yup, it was just a test/final render of the quick tutorial setupuser added image

Longer, better, and more dramatic looks can be achived, but for the tut, I just wanted to show-off the techniques, not so much the correct timing of the animation, as that would have taken way too long for me to do before my tut was due, and my machine was giving me a hard time then as welluser added image

Thanks for the tips!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 21 31-10-2003 , 09:19 PM
Looks very good. A couple of things. He is right about the smoke trail on the missile. Also the plane when it banks that hard would compress the air and form Ice cristal trails of the wings. Also it seems to clear to me. I would say more motion blur. A few smaller particles would help also. I love the fire and overall explosion.

# 22 01-11-2003 , 02:19 AM
The Maya Mountain
I hope everyone realizes that this is a tutorial... not a project that Rage is displaying for crits. It's not a perfect explosion, I'm sure Rage doesn't mind saying, but it was never meant to be. When you work the tutorial, feel free to add any improvements you'd like to.

# 23 01-11-2003 , 06:27 AM
exactlyuser added image

C'mon! Show us your explosions! user added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 24 03-11-2003 , 04:46 AM
Last time I looked this was a WIP forum. user added image Anything worth doing is worth doing well IMO. I was just giving my two cents on a thing that could be changed in a few keystroke.user added image If I am going to post I usually like to give a crit rather than just saying, way to go man, that is excilent. If I did not think it was worth while I would not have said anything. If I do not like the work I will never say I do.

# 25 03-11-2003 , 05:01 AM
The Maya Mountain
Good point. Thread moved.

# 26 03-11-2003 , 06:20 AM
Thanks for the post Rick!

Yeah, 10 months ago, when I posted the test shot, it was merely, a simple tut test render/comp, and not a full-on project that I was displaying for crits.

Like Mike said, it was not a perfect explosion, as it was never meant to be.

Having said that, I welcome any and all ideas for others to add to thier explosions using any part of this tutorialuser added image

Thanks again all!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com