Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 31-03-2004 , 09:26 PM

New CPU + Maya = ?

Has anyone upgraded their CPU before and had everything work except for Maya? I just went from a 2400+ to a mobile Barton 2500+ chip (OC's like a mofo). The chip is stable, 30 degrees celcius @ 2400mhz (200fsbx12)... I played around with different memory settings, modules, etc. The only thing that made maya stable again was putting my old CPU back in.

So, I'm wondering if I need to reinstall Maya with the new chip installed (it is a Barton, as opposed to Thoroughbred core). Any help would be appreciated.

# 2 31-03-2004 , 09:35 PM
I run a Barton 2500, but it is only unstable when I render a large scene

# 3 01-04-2004 , 01:39 AM
I was able to get into Maya, and I managed to render a nurbs sphere (vert fast user added image ), however, whenever I loaded one of my scenes, they would load, and as soon as I tried to touch the time slider or tumble or something, it locked hard. Cursor wouldn't move...ctrl+alt+delete = nothing. etc...

# 4 01-04-2004 , 05:44 AM
Uninstall, but leave the files there. Then reinstall. That should help.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 5 01-04-2004 , 06:00 AM
Subscriber
Download Prime95 and run the torture test, https://www.mersenne.org/ , if this locks up or reports errors then your system isn't stable and you need to alter system setting or upgrade your cooling.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 6 02-04-2004 , 06:53 PM
thanks for the replies! lonepig, I'll definitely give that a shot, however, I don't think it's an issue with stability as the program crashed at the default speed of 1.83 ghz. I also tried it with 4 different sticks of memory. I'm baffled... I guess I'll try reinstalling Maya when I get home.