Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 12-02-2004 , 05:43 AM
Subscriber

Rendering problems

For some strange reason some of the geometry is rendering fine in Render View but not appearing in the rendered animation.

Here is what renders in Render View:
user added image

Here is a frame from the animation:
user added image

I also get this in the Script Editor:
// Warning: TrenderPolyShape::sample: mesh 'bevelPolygonShape2' delivered an empty surface. //
// Warning: TrenderPolyShape::sample: mesh 'bevelPolygonShape1' delivered an empty surface. //

Any ideas?

Thanks user added image

# 2 12-02-2004 , 05:54 AM
this may sound kinda dumb...cauz I really don't know the answer, I am shooting in the dark...maybe try deleting history on the font, and go to polygons>clean up with the options. Turn on Clean up non manifold geometry...Just a guess, good luck,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 3 12-02-2004 , 06:43 AM
Subscriber
Well, I opened Maya and opened the scene and for some reason the Text geometry was gone. It showed in the Outliner but would not show when selected. I checked other settings and saw no reason for the text not to show.

So, I'm going to recreate the Text and go from there. I will try your suggestion.

# 4 12-02-2004 , 07:10 AM
Subscriber
Brian,
It looks like the Clean up and deleting history did the trick.
The animation came out perfect. Thanks user added image

# 5 12-02-2004 , 07:16 AM
No problem,

I am glad it worked,

Brian

Please check
My (old) website!