Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 27-06-2005 , 09:01 PM

Cloth and wieght painting problems. (help me!)

Hi all,

I have been learning maya6 for the last few months and it has finaly come to the point where i am stuck.

Firstly i am trying to put a jacket on to a characters body using maya cloth. Whatever i seem to do with the resolution, solver or other variables in the chanel box it always shrinks up and falls through the guy.
I have followed the cloth shirt tutorial quite a few times and just cannot work out what i am doing wrong. - i think i have tried everything ... could my character being quite large be a problem?

Any ideas why i may be having so many probelms??

Secondly, before - when i played with smoth binding on the earilier versions of my character it seemed to work as i planned. Now when i try and use the paint skin wieghts tool, it doesnt seem to actualy paint the wieghts on and when I return to view the freshly painted skin wieghts the work has disappeared. This is probably a daft mistake my i cant see it.??

anyway.. if you have anyideas please share them.

many thanks
nathan

lobotomy for all!