Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-10-2005 , 10:12 PM
Subscriber

Fatal Maya Error

Hi Guys,

I need some help with a reoccurring error with Maya 7. I keep receiving fatal errors messages that close the app and when I try to re open the file the error appears prior to the scene being opened. I can import the model into maya but it only allows me to work in wireframe mode, if I change it to shaded the error appears again.

I am running maya on a dell 9300 with a 256 NVIDIA Geforce Go 6800 graphics card. If anyone can help that would be awesome. Alias have confirmed that the hardware is not qualified.

Thanks

# 2 16-10-2005 , 10:29 PM
Subscriber
i had the same error with a nvidia card but not that model and maya 7 ..I had to update the drivers ...and that worked for alittle while and then some time got error again and downgraded to anther drivers and it worked fine and no errors anymore . my other pc i got the error and i just switch ati card in it and no issues ...

maybe this helps you ...

# 3 17-10-2005 , 11:41 AM
Subscriber
sounds to me like you have just lost your shading group, open up the project and open hypershade and just reapply the lambert1 default material and then you should be ab;l to work in shaded mode

# 4 17-10-2005 , 01:00 PM
Subscriber

Hypershade

It appears that the error happens when using hypershade. Each time I go into hypershade and try to clean it up maya closes with no fatal error message. :headbang:

In any case I finally opened up hypershade and from the edit menu select delete unused nodes. I had a few that wheren't being used. Also the problem started when added some poly splits to my model after I had appiled the textures, opps.

I have also installed the latest drivers from Nvidia and that wasn't any help.

Alls working now fingers crossed but I have a feeling that it won't last.

Cheers

# 5 17-10-2005 , 03:04 PM
Subscriber
have you deleted the history on your model? if not do so and also its worth a try to freeze the transformations on it

# 6 18-10-2005 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber
I cleaned up the model and freezed the transformations and deleted history and all is working fine now.

Thanks for the input.

Cheers

# 7 20-10-2005 , 04:37 PM
which drivers are u using ?

don't USE OMEGA or any other gaming drivers it will crash..

use the ones u got with the hardware.

tck
# 8 20-10-2005 , 07:56 PM
Subscriber
I installed the latest drivers from the dell site 7.7.2 or something. In any case the problem is that when I shade my model I cannot add more polys to the mesh even though I delete the references to the shader via UV centric editor and re map the UV's. If I do add more polys a few point and clicks later fatal error.

However having said that the maya help docs do say that you should complete your modelling prior to applying any textures or creating any UV maps soooooo I will follow this protocol with my next model.

Thanks
__________________________________________________ ___
The light that burns twice as bright lasts half as long.