Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-01-2006 , 01:45 AM
Subscriber

Converting to Sub D's

Hello, I am doing the regular thing of poly/subd modeling but for some reason everytime I convert back into Sub D's I have to up the Max Base mesh faces for no reason. I even did a test without changing any of the polys. I have convert from polys to sub d's tesselation set to verts - its really puzzeling me. Could some one please explain how to fix this please.

Many thanks.
Dave.

# 2 03-01-2006 , 11:58 PM
if you copied this action to shelf and start conversion from there, just delete the shelfbutton and copy it agin to the shelf with the settings needed. some actions "remember" the initial settings no matter how often you change it afterwards. this is as well true for converting to other meshtypes.