Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-11-2002 , 04:10 AM
Subscriber

texture maps

hi, can anyone tell me the procedure for importing a .tiff file
when i use the hypershade for importing all that happens is fcheck opens up the image ina window, how do i get this into the workspace like when u import i .ma or .mb file.
thanks.

# 2 28-11-2002 , 06:06 AM
The Maya Mountain
in order to apply it, you'd map the image to the color attribute of a material. Is that what you mean?

# 3 28-11-2002 , 06:33 AM
Subscriber
i'm pretty new to all this but the way i've imported .ma shders and maps is by opening the hypershade>highlighting the first material sphere, i think it just says lambert clicking on import> selecting a .ma or .mb shader and their you go the first sphere has a texture map or shader applied to it. by the sounds of things i am doing it completely wrong so please advise me on how to best import shaders b4 a learn more bad habits.

thanx.

# 4 28-11-2002 , 07:03 AM
The Maya Mountain
importing shaders, yes, you just import them through the Hypershade. you don't have to highlight anything. But if you want an image file in your scene, you need to map it to a material (thus, creating a shader).

Create a material (lambert for example. Do no manipulate Lambert1. You want to get a new one.) Open it's attributes. Click on the black and white checker icon next to the Color attribute. From the list of buttons that appears, chose File. Click on the Folder icon and browse to your selected image. Open it. This "maps" an image to a material.

hope the helped some.

# 5 29-11-2002 , 08:17 AM
Subscriber
thanks alot mtmckinley, works perfectly now.