Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 14-06-2007 , 06:42 AM

what's wrong with my nurbs tube?

I just can't render a smooth nurbs tube, it's a circle extruded along a path, output is nurbs, curve precision is set to high, division U/V also, yet i get this annoying crappy shape. What do i do wrong? Any help would be highly appreciated.

user added image

# 2 14-06-2007 , 10:18 AM
Subscriber
looks like not enough divisions.., (cant open maya at the moment) select th tube, go to the channel box, look for 'divisions' if you cant find divisions, press 'nurbs cylinder' and a menu should drop down..., last resort is.., select the tube, press 'control A' and the attribute editor will pop up and look for divisions in that.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 14-06-2007 , 09:40 PM
Thanks mate, meanwhile i managed to fix it by applying a 'rebuild curve' on the extrude path.

# 4 15-06-2007 , 08:05 AM
Subscriber
sections.., not divisions.., anyway.., cool, thats a new one on me.., rebuild the curve, did you add more vertices than was there or did you just average them out?

take it easy and life will be easy