Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 24-02-2011 , 03:44 PM
The Nurb Herd
lets see something then? user added image

# 17 24-02-2011 , 04:39 PM
Subscriber

Going to get the challenge finished off, and this will be my first Zbrush project - so don`t expect the speed I normally work at. But this should be fun - although google not doing the business for ref photos for Alan Cumming - Xmen 2 DVD it is then.

Its will come when it comes - honestdom. Still just learning the tools and Horde Hunter is top of my list at the mo as only few days to go - but have started the ref image collection and the spending of some more money on training

# 18 25-02-2011 , 08:28 PM
Subscriber
Well sat down and got as good ref as I could from the dvd so going to have to look for some more images of Alan Cumming, hoping to get going 2mo...

Attached Thumbnails

# 19 26-02-2011 , 12:15 AM
Lifetime Member

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 20 28-02-2011 , 10:03 PM
Subscriber
Ok base mesh is done - I know the nose is straight but I think it will be easier to work on - I`ll twist it in to shape once I have some more detail to the rest of the face. Right - off to Z brush

user added image

user added image

Last edited by tweetytunes; 02-03-2011 at 01:13 AM.
# 21 28-02-2011 , 10:52 PM
Lifetime Member
Good luck tweety!!! I did read you had a tablet right?? it might be a bit hard otherwise.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 22 01-03-2011 , 12:08 AM
Subscriber
yer just bought a new bamboo - and i think that may have been a big part of my problem with zbrush - my last one was a trust and it was crap (now on ebay for sale) - Finding the control a lot better (still miss my maya controls).

Anyway got a bit done as well lots of playing with the different brushs and stuff. Just trying to get a good shape.

user added image

Plz bare in mind my first zbrush model - no real detailing yet just going for shape

# 23 01-03-2011 , 12:53 AM
Lifetime Member
mate that looks ok so far...dunno bout the blue though...very bright...LOL

Acquiring Gears 2 this week...going to have a look at it seeing you guys rave about it LOL

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 24 01-03-2011 , 01:19 AM
Subscriber

mate that looks ok so far...dunno bout the blue though...very bright...LOL

Acquiring Gears 2 this week...going to have a look at it seeing you guys rave about it LOL

cheers bullet

Dude start with number one - get the full story - I think you can now get both games together as a pack.
The blue I chucked on after working on him just so its closer to the final thing

# 25 01-03-2011 , 08:07 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
No real comment it's a bit to early, just found this bit funny:
" and it was crap (now on ebay for sale) "
Not a real salesman are you hey tweety hahaha user added image

I watched your website I would change one thing on the homepage and that is change 3d artest in 3d artist.
Lovely website by the way ( i used to have a html website to but i suck at coding so switched over to wordpress)

# 26 01-03-2011 , 10:11 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Nice start. I wouldn't up the resolution too far before you nail the likeness.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 27 01-03-2011 , 10:58 AM
Subscriber

just found this bit funny:" and it was crap (now on ebay for sale) "
Not a real salesman are you hey tweety hahaha user added image

Well I not going to try and sell it to you lot am I

change 3d artest in 3d artist

I had spotted and changed that in my files on my PC but it seems I have not uploaded them. - Sites all made in photoshop more than code and is still a wip - Going to have my showreel on the first page where Grimlock is and then some video breakdowns in the video section - I really should do the contact page ASAP if anyone does find the site. But to be honest with you forgot it was not finished.

Mayaniac - Yer I have watched some much training and they all say the same thing - only have 5 levels at mo, but done most my working on level 3.

# 28 01-03-2011 , 11:45 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Get yourself refence of Alun Cummings too, that will help

Jay

# 29 01-03-2011 , 01:30 PM
Subscriber
Jay I am - although gone off a little in zbrush at the mo as I still just getting used to it. If you look at the base mesh images you`ll see the side profile has an image in the background. Its also what the talk about the nose was about as its a big lean to the right on the real face but as I said I`ll wait till after to make it more asymmetry. Need to add his trademark dimples aswell. Must be said there are some freaky images of this guy on the net.

user added image

Edit - Looking at it - I have also made his bottom lip way too big

Last edited by tweetytunes; 02-03-2011 at 01:12 AM.
# 30 01-03-2011 , 11:17 PM
Lifetime Member

Dude start with number one - get the full story - I think you can now get both games together as a pack.
The blue I chucked on after working on him just so its closer to the final thing

oh crap I didnt see it in a pack here mate!!! I will go back to the shop and see if number 1 is in the cheap box! thanks mate.....

I was kidding with the blue...it was just real bright LOL

bullet1968