Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 08-11-2005 , 07:04 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mtmckinley
But stay away from Burger King. lol user added image

DAMMIT! :headbang:

Grats on the great progress Mike! :tup:

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 17 08-11-2005 , 08:34 PM
Subscriber
im lucky to fall in the category where ppl can eat whatever they want and still weight 148lb...

altho, i tried to gain weight, i tried to lose weight...

yet since 21 ish.. ive weighted the same 145-148.

but at 24, i know my metabolism is sure to begin slowing down soon user added image
i probably consume 1500-2000 calories/day
and on weekend a lot more than that: bring on the beeruser added image

# 18 09-11-2005 , 12:22 AM
Mike, thats so frikin awesome bud!!!

I'm now down 30lbs from 202 in July! user added image

Still need to loose 20 more before I'm happy/ripped, hehe, but I've got 3 more monthsuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 19 09-11-2005 , 01:21 AM
Subscriber
Man 30lbs . . well done dude! user added image

That's how much I need to lose . . I really need to get motivated :headbang:

# 20 09-11-2005 , 08:20 PM
Nice one man!! Well done.

I used to be one of the guys that could "put everythin away and not gain anything" but i've started to put it on in the past couple of years, since i noticed ive been lookin at waht ive been eatin.

Only problem ive found is that you need more time to make your food to be healthy than if your not bothering. Therefore thats why, to me it, fast food puts it on!

# 21 13-12-2005 , 02:17 PM
The Maya Mountain
yay! 50 lbs lost! user added image

A good 20-40 to go. user added image

# 22 13-12-2005 , 07:16 PM
Nice one mike, when you gonna start a new model of yourself to show the difference???

# 23 13-12-2005 , 08:53 PM
I have a friend on the football team at my school who had to gain weight, so he started drinking Weight Gainer 2000: 2000 calories per cup! He drank 2 a day, and managed to LOSE 7 pounds in a month. Thats just a "wtf^^" moment.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 24 15-12-2005 , 06:13 AM
Nice topic you got going here. My dad is an expert on this stuff (unofficially, hes not a dietician). A couple notes. I'm seeing ALOT of post regarding calorie intake. While this can have some influence on your weight it is really much more minute than you think. What you really need to worry about is what you are eating. Generally you need to avoid anything white(sugar, flour, breads, etc.), always eat with "color" (greens, fruits etc.), try not to eat past 8 o clock (I know this is a tough one for alot of us but it has been proven that eating later can cause weight gain. Many cheerleading/dance teams don't allow their performers to eat after 7-8 o clock so as to reduce weight gain. Also DO NOT take Splenda or Aspertame(diet cokes). Splenda is essentially chlorinated table salt and approximately 10% of it may be absorbed into your gastrointestinal tract. Since it is relatively new the long term effects can't be calculated yet but they don't look to good. As for aspertame it GREATLY increase your chances of heart disease/failure.
Wow, I guess a few of my dad's "health lectures" actually found their way into my head lol. I'm 17, 130 pounds, 5'-10"(thats me in my avatar). It seems that I can't gain weight no matter what I eat due to my high metabolism and constant exercise (2 hours a day, long/short distance running, sprints, weights, etc.). However I have a problem with eating too many "bad carbs" (white carbs). I have noticed a considerable increase in acne:angery: due to it. I am thinking of going on my own diet to try and fix this over the december break. If you guys want to read more on this kind of stuff head over to www.mercola.com , the guys a genius. Oh and before I go I want to leave you with a little mind boggling fact: There is a cure for cancer with a 99% success ratio with no side effects. If you wanna know about it i'll post. Good Luck with your weight goals guys! And congrats on losing what you have so far.user added image

P.S. As for chipotle, it is actually alot healthier than most restaurants. It even uses free range chickens (MUCH more healthy/safe). It's only real unhealthy parts are in the rice an tortilla and a few of the cooking oils.

------thatdudeyoulove-------

Last edited by thatdudeyoulove; 15-12-2005 at 06:21 AM.
# 25 19-04-2006 , 04:22 AM
The Maya Mountain
Hey, guys, just thought I'd post a bit of an update. I'm 14 lbs (6 kg) from my first goal, that is, getting back to my highschool weight. Since Jan 2005, I've lost a total of 75 lbs (34 kg)! After the next 14, I hope to set a 2nd goal to lose another 20 (9 kg) or so. user added image

Here's a little comparison photo using a picture I took of myself when I got my first copy of my first book and then another picture taken this last Easter sunday:

https://www.mtmckinley.net/photos/me_compare2.jpg

I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far, but gotta keep it going. user added image

# 26 19-04-2006 , 07:05 AM
Subscriber
Looking good Mike! Congratulations user added image

I started this year and I'm around 8kg lighter now. Its basically been good diet and exercise.

Well Done!

Cheers
Paul

# 27 19-04-2006 , 08:54 AM
Nice one guys, keep it up.

I'm currently regulating my weight with a nice dose of stress at the moment! LOL!

# 28 19-04-2006 , 10:55 PM
Wow, Mike!

I'm impressed ... inspired even!

Well playeduser added image

Dave

# 29 19-04-2006 , 11:24 PM
The Maya Mountain
Thanks, guys. user added image

# 30 19-04-2006 , 11:27 PM
Yeah - Well done Mike - That is very impressive!user added image

Keep it up mate! You too BMS and ragecgi!

Last edited by arran; 19-04-2006 at 11:34 PM.