Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 22-09-2010 , 03:48 AM
Subscriber

Cannot load plugin?

So I'm trying to use this .nif exporter [it's a model format for games] and I can see it in the Plugin manager window as auto-loaded but I cannot get it ticked to Load.

user added image

I have the plugin in the right directly as well as the scripts folder that came with it.

I tried unticking other plugins thinking that maybe there was a limit to how many could be loaded but it doesn't seem to help any, the box just won't load.

I tried a restart and it still won't work.

The plugin says it can be used with up to Maya 2009. I'm using 2009 Unlimited. Do you think that could be a problem?

What do you think I'm missing? Thank you for your help!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 2 25-09-2010 , 08:19 AM
Subscriber
any ideas?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 3 07-10-2010 , 07:33 PM
Subscriber
There where some API changes made in Maya 2009 so some plugins may have needed to be re compiled when Maya 2009 sp1 was released. Check what version you are running and than try one of two Maya releases.

You can download the service pack from the Autodesk site.

Hope it works out.

# 4 14-10-2010 , 12:16 AM
Subscriber