Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 12-06-2003 , 02:14 PM

help with mental ray

Can anyone help or direct me to a tutorial to render with mental ray. I am experiencing problems. I cant get mental ray to properly batch render user added image and I've tried many things. So any help would be appreciated.

# 2 12-06-2003 , 02:43 PM
Subscriber
what problem are you having?

# 3 12-06-2003 , 03:01 PM
k I created a scene and I try to batch render with mental ray and it doesnt work. I can get the maya render to work but mental ray option is seperate from that and I get this message. I have set the obvious setting but there are setting that I cant find. so I think it has to do with setting. I get this message when I batch render.

// Mayatomr: Rendering temporary file: C:/Documents and Settings/Morgan Wykkoff/Desktop/aniamtion/movie.mb //

// Error: Cannot find procedure "miProgress". //

// Mayatomr: Batch render started. See C:/Documents and Settings/Morgan Wykkoff/Desktop/aniamtion/mentalray.log for more information. //

// Mayatomr: Batch rendered images will be written to C:/Documents and Settings/Morgan Wykkoff/Desktop/aniamtion/images //

# 4 13-06-2003 , 12:16 AM
Try it through the command promt, that's what I had to do(although Terminal in OS X). I beleive the command is: mayarender_with_mr -file "/path/to/the/file.mb". Renders the image in the default images folder in your project folder.

---
https://www.bigfatonline.com
# 5 14-06-2003 , 05:01 AM
come on someone has to be able to help

# 6 14-06-2003 , 05:33 AM
I am not sure but // Error: Cannot find procedure "miProgress". //
could be because there are not all scripts in the scripts folder. maybe try to reinstall mental ray.

If you use maya 5 (mental ray included) then I can't help you.

# 7 14-06-2003 , 01:46 PM
k yes I am using maya 5