Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 17-01-2004 , 12:48 AM

Rendering,Animation.

I did a tutorial on the site to make a ring of fire using particles. In the Tut you only render one frame of it. Is there a way to render the whole thing into an avi?

Ive tried like a dozen times and get very weird results most of the time, usually errors.

Detailed solution would help.

# 2 17-01-2004 , 03:53 PM
Subscriber
In your reneder global, set your output type to AVI this cannot be done with Mental ray btw. set your start frame and your end frame, then at the top of the maya window in the status bar choose rendering. this will bring up your render option menus. under render select -- batch render-- and watch your script editor for details. thats it..

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 3 17-01-2004 , 04:17 PM
You'd be better off rendering individual frames though and importing them into a video editing or compositing package (Videomach, if you need a free one). Maya's AVI output can be a bit dodgy at times. When I did that tutorial, I rendered all the frames out and imported them into Flash as that's all I had handy at the time.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 4 24-01-2004 , 04:56 PM
okay... this probably sounds stupid. but i still cant seem to actually get it to render the whole thing after trying the above suggestions.. it just doest seem to be working.

# 5 25-01-2004 , 11:36 AM
Subscriber
Hi twisteddragon33,

I will suggest you to take a look at this thread... "Noob .avi file size reduce..."... -->
https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...&threadid=8117

there are some links etc. user added image

want I do myself, is that I render them out in BMP format, and then use VirtualDub to make an Avi out of the rendered images... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 6 25-01-2004 , 01:54 PM
Make sure you SET your project at File>Project>Edit Current
Ensure your output is going to a place you know where it is
Also outputting as an avi or other player should be avoided because if there is a problem during the render youll probably have to start over from the beginging you should output uncompressed targas and turn those into an avi with after affects
premiere etc. Then Render>Batch Render (Will Render off settings in the Render Globals)And you could always command line render
in DOS change directory to folder with file in it then type

Render , hit enter will bring up instructions how to render from dos, example command at the very bottom easy instructions

-Thane