Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 23-03-2005 , 09:59 PM

2 Quick Questions

Just a couple quick questions that i'm sure i am just being stupid about

1. When I create a motion path, why doesn't my curve show the start and end frames onscreen. On the tutorial, the curve has a 1, at the beginning of the curve where the frame starts, and a 200 at the end, where the curve ends. How do I make this appear.

2. When using the graph editor, why doesn't my object update in the viewport? Again, this works in the tutorial, where he edits a keyframe, such as Y position in the graph, and you can see the results in your viewport. Mine doesn't, how do i make this happen, because it would be very useful.

Thanks

David

# 2 28-03-2005 , 02:32 AM
1. You have to attach the object to the motion path in order for the start and end frame numbers to show up. Also, be sure that it is set to START/END" in the option box.

2. Maybe a video issue? It normally updates when you move a keyframe in the GE. This is the first I've heard of this. What are your system specs?

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 3 28-03-2005 , 04:27 AM
For the first part, about the motion paths, thanks, it is working now, which helps.

As for the second issue with the graph editor, my specs are fine. Or at least should be. I have an ATI Radeon 9600 XT 128 mb, 512 RAM, 2.5 GHZ AMD processor, haven't had any problems with it before. I dunno. All I know is that when I use the middle mouse button to move a keyframe, say on the Y direction graph, nothing is updated in the viewport, for any type of graph. I dunno.
Thanks for that, anymore suggestions would be appreciated.

David

# 4 28-03-2005 , 04:42 AM
Try this.

Go to WINDOW > SETTINGS PREFERENCES > PERFORMANCE SETTINGS and make sure that Dependency Graph Evaluation is checked on DRAG.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 5 28-03-2005 , 11:11 AM
Hey Thanks, that helped, the graph editor is updating as it should now. I appreciate it.

David