Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 01-07-2007 , 05:33 PM

Boba Fett - need help ATM

Ok ive started work on Boba Fetts helmet and have a decent start, but something is just really off, I cant pinpoint it, it may be a compilation of many things but id just really like someone to try to point it out. It just doesnt have the right lookuser added image

Attached Thumbnails

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 2 01-07-2007 , 06:03 PM
diff angle

Attached Thumbnails

# 3 01-07-2007 , 09:34 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
A good start. My crits for now are the upper side edges of the visor should be square and not pointed. I have a Lucasfilm Boba Fett Magazine, I'll scan some pics tomorrow and post them up, failing that head over to www.theforce.net and check out their multimedia section under characters https://multimedia.theforce.net/image...jpg&img=16&tt=

Good start though

Jay

# 4 02-07-2007 , 04:36 AM
Looks fabulous, but try to use some reference...

user added image

KUTGW

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 5 02-07-2007 , 01:38 PM
I fixed a few things, fixing the visor area will be hard but ill do it over the weekend, thanks for the comments and crits!

Attached Thumbnails

# 6 03-07-2007 , 03:31 PM
The model looks good. I look forward to seeing how you texture the rust. You'd think a bounty hunter would have enough money for a drycleaner though.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 7 05-07-2007 , 12:15 AM
Unfortunately im going to redo this model. My computer screwed up when i attempted to install the latest drivers and I had to wipe out my computer...again... This is rouphly the 10th-12th time this has happened literally. I didnt back up this model so ill have to redo it. Ill start tomorrow since maya is not open to tell me my activation code thing...

# 8 06-07-2007 , 10:07 PM
Don't forget to back up your files next time.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 9 07-07-2007 , 12:29 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by AnthonyCg
The model looks good. I look forward to seeing how you texture the rust. You'd think a bounty hunter would have enough money for a drycleaner though.

Boba's armor is Mandolorian, its ancient alien technology that is extremely hard to reproduce.
(the clonetroopers look the same, but its different material)
Fixing his armor would cost him more then half a spaceship armada user added image

Oh well, back to real life, and the model... its looking great!
Cant wait to see his weapon user added image

In ICT there are two kinds of people : Technically challenged artists, and artistically challenged technicians.

I am, without a doubt, the latter.
- Dave
# 10 07-07-2007 , 07:32 PM
Subscriber
Thats a shame your going to start again, it looks pretty cool ...

also while this specific model has court my attention, why dont you try enter CGS competition ... i think its on the same path/topic of what your doing.

Last edited by marlonjohn; 07-07-2007 at 07:37 PM.