Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-09-2006 , 05:00 AM
Subscriber

create cube 0,0,0

Yeah, so I hate this new way of making primitives. When I create a cube, I want it to be at 0,0,0 every frickin' time and don't want to have to click on the grid to create it and I don't want to have to click three times in the channels window and type 0 three times to set it at 0,0,0.

Used to be: click, and your cube was created at 0,0,0. Simple.

# 2 05-09-2006 , 06:26 AM
Subscriber
Yes, that was one of the very first things that irritated me with Verison 8. I can see how some may like that, kind of like 3d Max. But they should have put that in the preferences, don't you think.

# 3 05-09-2006 , 12:23 PM
you can change it to the previous version, look in the help files

# 4 05-09-2006 , 03:14 PM
once you create your cube ,then set it to (0,0,0). go to the script editor , select the script ,middle click and,drag it in shelf.like this ,you may only klick on this iconand your cub will be set to 0,0,0. voila

# 5 05-09-2006 , 04:43 PM
I see that Autodesk has begun their reign of terror.

When I first heard that my beloved 3D app was being invaded I kind of gasped and rolled over (painful, I hit the side of my box). I can guarantee this is only the beginning of the inevitable, Maya will become Max, something I don't even want to think about.

Autodesk is like Microsoft with a different name, they steal, they plunder they corrupt and then they discard. Not to mention they charge lots of $$ for not so good software and their technical support is non existant (actually its just bad - like Microsoft).

Let us all 'liberate' Maya from the dictator!

I wonder what they will mess up in the next version of Maya - probaly downgrade its renderer to make it less than Max.

No offense intended to anyone who uses Max.

# 6 09-09-2006 , 05:35 PM
Hello,

To set it back like previous version, for creating objects, you must de-activate the Interaction Creation in each creating menu.

Hope this helps.

Greetz,
Novak

Attached Images

Last edited by Novak; 09-09-2006 at 07:53 PM.