Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 03-08-2006 , 06:40 PM
Subscriber

My first model car

Good afternoon. At the suggestion of Falott when he saw the Haunted House I was doing he suggested I try Beveling and maybe SUB-D. I tried a tutorial, I am sorry to say from another company, and I am complete with the model except for a few minor things. I feel very satisfied with how it came out. I need to put it in a scene and to light it. Lighting and rendering are something I need to learn. Any suggestions on learning lighting would be appreciated.

I have also purchased the Car Modeling of a BMW done here by Kurt and I have always enjoyed his tutorials and learned so much.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 03-08-2006 , 07:14 PM
Nice work man...is the color painted a dark red, or is that all reflection of the background?

# 3 03-08-2006 , 07:16 PM
Subscriber
I wanted it a deep red. I had a Monte Carlo that was called Matador Red and like it. The reflection in the sceen and the car is from a sunset picture. Way too red, I know.

And thank you!

# 4 05-08-2006 , 06:09 PM
Subscriber
"my mummy" ???

First year 3D Grad
# 5 05-08-2006 , 07:15 PM
oh, i thought that sunset was a fire/hell scene lol :p

car is pretty good though user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 6 05-08-2006 , 07:23 PM
hi Tom!

this car is way better than my first car was. infact my first 5 cars where never finished at all. to have a nice rendering of your carpaint reflections is to set up the lightning properly. I have somewhere on my HD pictures of a studio lightning setup from industry photographers. over all its important to enlight the car indirectly with self illuminating planes or spotlights reflecting from surfaces. also the light shouldn´t have very intensive colors. gilberts had done really nice lightning setups for his superb cars.

wait a minute. I´ll have to search for my files.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 7 05-08-2006 , 07:29 PM
here it is

Attached Thumbnails

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 8 06-08-2006 , 12:31 AM
Subscriber
Turbo Dan, yes sometimes she is Mummy!!!

Well sunset from hell kind of does describe it. But I will correct that and that you for liking my model.

Falott many thanks for sending along the stuff on lighting. It was just 3 months ago when you saw my Haunted House that I started modeling. And I am VERY surprised how it came out. And you started me on this journey when you told me I needed to try Beveling and Sub-D. I will look over what you have sent about the lighting and I will give it a shot.

Thanks again for the responses. I truly do appreciate it!!!

# 9 06-08-2006 , 01:08 PM
Subscriber
Well here is a much better shot of my model. At least you can see the color. Thanks again, and I will study lighting and hopefully improve and do it justice.

Attached Thumbnails