Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-06-2005 , 10:26 AM

My new reel

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 2 05-06-2005 , 11:36 AM
Very nice. What kind of stuff you worked on in those AVP shots?

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 05-06-2005 , 12:08 PM
Subscriber
WOW :attn:. Great job, I cant beleive my eyeballs. Whoa, did you have a part in the actual AVP movie? user added image (3d artist type part that is)

# 4 05-06-2005 , 12:11 PM
kbrown: the avp stuff was mainly set extension stuff (not too amazing but still looked nice). They only filmed about 20 foot of the ice tunnel and we added the rest. The hologram stuff was trickier I had no brief just them saying make it look cool and make it like the matrix but not like the matrix .... really stoopid stuff. but I had to do all the predator text stuff and the holographics and stuff, could have been a lot cooler but I had to do what they wanted.

alienscience: click the link in my sig to the imdb and you can see what i've done there. user added image plus I am in the movie at one point... well my face is. not saying where though user added image

I've got loads more stuff from the two movies I'm on right now but I can't add that stuff till they are released, but I saw the latest comps today and OMG they look sooo damn good! :bow:

user added image
Alan

IMDB
# 5 05-06-2005 , 03:06 PM
Subscriber
I'm downloading it now...
Doom eh? nice!
congrats on your accomplishments man. I'm looking more forward to seeing these movies you've worked on now... and re-watching AVP to find you. hehe.

# 6 05-06-2005 , 03:12 PM
you'll never ever in a million years see me even if I told you where it was user added image I can hardly see it.

user added image
Alan

IMDB
# 7 05-06-2005 , 10:21 PM
Subscriber
Looks great Alan, it left me wanting more.

Cheers
Paul

# 8 05-06-2005 , 10:58 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by BMS
Looks great Alan, it left me wanting more.

Cheers
Paul

So true, so true. But that is a good thing. Anyways, so you were actually in a movie? Wow, were you one of the miner dudes who got slaughtered by the predator? Or was your face the one in the predator suit? Hmmm, HMMMMMMM!!, whateva. But once again, good job, Im sure companys will being blowing their horns for you.

# 9 06-06-2005 , 12:26 AM
Thats fukin awesome man.

Class. Pure Class.

Great work as usual m8!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 10 06-06-2005 , 08:45 AM
cool as always Alan...
Two things:
1 the intro/outro could have been cut into a loop
2 the monorail is the weakest scene (to me)

# 11 06-06-2005 , 09:00 AM

1 the intro/outro could have been cut into a loop

I'm not sure what you mean by this could you explain?

I agree with you about the monorail shot, it is weak but it's film work and that says a lot. They graded the hell outta that movie and so that's what I was given, my comp didn't look like that user added image

user added image
Alan

IMDB
# 12 06-06-2005 , 11:35 AM
Stupid detail...

i have my players set to continuous repetition, when it goes to the end it starts again, since you start and end with the robologo your name and the AVP footage in the background you could have looped the AVP background so that the end ends where the begining begins (doh) and if they have it like me fool them to see it twice, or something... user added image

Btw the holos are nice n cool, but did you really had to use maya for the pred symbols? wasnt it easyer to do it directly in the composition soft?

user added image
Dragon

Last edited by dragonfx; 06-06-2005 at 11:40 AM.
# 13 06-06-2005 , 01:11 PM
The holo stuff wa easier in maya because the scripting I was doing in shake was less flexible than maya, the render times were the same and it gave me more freedom. It looks like an ideal job for 2d but when you're the only one on it and you know your 3d package more intimately and you've only got 1 day.... user added image

user added image
Alan

IMDB
# 14 10-06-2005 , 12:18 AM
wow good server. only took 17 seconds at 170ish to dluser added image

Very nice but i agree.. the monorail looked.. weird. And i think you should cut from the tank rotating.. maybe on the 2nd rotation have it go into a textured version. But only my opinion.... but your the profesional. I didnt even spell it right..

# 15 10-06-2005 , 01:00 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
... But only my opinion.... but your the profesional. I didnt even spell it right...

LOLOLOLOL :lmao:, good one.