Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-02-2006 , 07:44 PM

planar/quad/triangles

I looked around a bit but couldn't find an answer, but i was wondering if it is necessary to keep polygon faces planar. if it is how does one go about working on a model keeping all faces planar as they work. Also is in necessary to keep everything in quads. Is it bad to use triangles.

# 2 16-02-2006 , 04:28 AM
Someone may argue with me, but I say, what does it matter . . . . if it makes the model look better use it. But there are those who will say that triangles are BAD . . . extra faces = extra render time, more calculations. If you have a fast computer it should not make that big of a difference in my opinion. I think trianglular faces look better on curved surfaces, but there are no good reasons I can think of to use them on flat surfaces that I know of other than **maybe** texturing.

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche