Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 76 19-02-2009 , 06:42 AM
Subscriber
looks interesting

did you try comping it with the AO layer but changing the transparency of the AO layer?

its kind of sad the the toy's never had many points of articulation but there's nothing to stop you from building them in yourself (unless you really wanted the sort of 'by-the-toy' look), having the head rotate would seem plausible enough and make him still look like a toy

sorry, i can't help you with the black outline

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 77 19-02-2009 , 10:05 AM
Subscriber
Right sorted the black line problem (well for this one anyway)

Please any crits on this one ....

user added image

1920x1080 link

# 78 20-02-2009 , 10:45 AM
The Nurb Herd
does the depth of field run from camera left to camera right on that one?

I think projecting a ramp from the camera is a good way to get a well controlled zdepth pass. I like the model and everything but i think the dof looks a bit off, you are doing it in PS right?