Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 18-12-2003 , 09:45 PM
Subscriber

another low poly beetle

Hi all,

Another learning exercise with low poly models. Sub-ds are fantastic. I tried doing this using nurbs. It was very hard to model patches. Maybe because I'm still a novice. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 18-12-2003 , 09:46 PM
Subscriber

Another one

Another profile

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 18-12-2003 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
That hardly looks low poly to me, but nice work anyway. The windscreen(frames) needs more definition and there is a sharp edge running from the front fender back across the door. Keep it up.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 4 21-12-2003 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber

thanks for the suggestion

That line actually runs on my model which i have. i bought this beetle model from a supermarket which was a 1960s model. Thats what is helping me. Do i have to do the doors? I thought we could manage that in texturing. I will concentrate on that next then.

Thanks again. I have used as low polys as i can and converted it to sub-d