Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 07-02-2004 , 03:11 PM

walkcycle W.I.P

hey all, thought I would show my first walkcycle and get some feedback and suggestions...

walkcycle

<font="old english">...pastuhoff...</font>
# 2 07-02-2004 , 03:30 PM
Hheheh i know that character=).. the foot rolls look great and the overal body movement is there... My only suggestions is to add a lot more rotation (left right side to side) in his hips right up to his shoulders as well as adding a bit more up down movment. Once you get his rotaiong it will give me a lot more weight and loosen him right up.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 07-02-2004 , 04:08 PM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, I agree. Right now, it's as if he has a metal rod where his spine should be.

In walking, your spine makes "S" undulations, although subtle. Also, have the feet step toward the center line. Not too much, as you don't want him to look feminine. user added image

# 4 07-02-2004 , 04:31 PM

thanks

hey, thanks a lot for those replys guys,user added image

I had my own thoughts about those things, but I thought it would be good for someone else to see as well, I will get to it right away, I'll be back with updates...user added image

# 5 08-02-2004 , 12:58 AM

update

update: added some movement in the torso area: side-to-side, up and down, moved the feet in a little more to the middle, I hope that these updates were the things you ment with your suggestions Kurt and mtmckinley

walkcycle02

# 6 08-02-2004 , 01:18 AM
The Maya Mountain
he seems to have alittle bit of an IK pop in his legs when they are back behind the body.

The torso still seems straight throughout.

It's also a little slow, maybe?

# 7 08-02-2004 , 01:26 AM

okay

have been watching now after your, mtmckinley, suggestions, and it looks like there is a small pop like you say, always good with someone else's view of it... user added image

the stiff back, yeah I was afraid it would be too much if did anymore, but maybe I should...

heard from some other people too that he is a bit slow, I will look into that also..

really like this forum, quick replies user added image really good...

# 8 09-02-2004 , 01:31 PM

another update

hi again, did some pitchin' with the back, removed the IK pop, and made him walk a little faster..

walkcycle03

# 9 09-02-2004 , 03:31 PM
much better still need a bit more rotation in the hips and add a little in his wrists....

Keep it up=)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 10 09-02-2004 , 04:08 PM

hey

hey Kurt, thanks for your reply user added image

by more rotation in the hips I assume you mean forward and back, along the Y-axis with Y-up, hope you understand what I mean user added image and with wrists, is it the hands you mean... ?

# 11 10-02-2004 , 05:09 PM
For the hips both ways mate... tilt left to right and rotate foward and back depensing on which leg is foward.

# 12 10-02-2004 , 08:18 PM

thought so...user added image