Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 16-02-2004 , 08:53 PM

Brainteasers

Here's some brainteasers. I’ll give you all a few days to hand in your answers. Have fun user added image

Some months have 30 days, and some have 31. How many months have 28?

A man gave one son 10 cents and another son was given 15 cents. What time is it?

Is half of two plus two equal to 2 or 3?

Do they have a 4th of July in England?

How many animals of each species did Moses take on the Ark with him?

How far can a dog run into the woods?

Is it legal in Oregon to marry your widow's sister?

If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 in another field, how many stacks would he have if he combined them in the center field?

What is it that goes up and down, but does not move?

I have in my hand only 2 U.S. coins which total 55 cents in value. One is not a nickel. What are the coins?

A farmer has 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many did he have left?

What is 30 divided by 1/2 plus 10?

You are a bus driver. The driver starts his route and picks up 20 people at the first stop. At the next stop, he picks up 12 more, and drops off 8. He then goes to the next stop, picks up 4, drops off 7. At the next stop, he picks up 15 and drops off 18. Now, here comes the tricky part. What color is the driver's eyes?

You have a face alarm clock. You set it for 9 in the morning, and you go to bed at 8 at night. Supposing you fall asleep right when you go to bed, how many hours of sleep will you get?

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....

Last edited by doodle; 16-02-2004 at 08:55 PM.
# 2 16-02-2004 , 09:04 PM
SM Tea Boy
Right I'm bored now lol user added image Waiting for video to encode so no i haven't got anything better to do :p

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 16-02-2004 , 09:10 PM
SM Tea Boy

Re: Brainteasers

Here's some brainteasers. I’ll give you all a few days to hand in your answers. Have fun user added image

A. All the months have 28 days in.

A man gave one son 10 cents and another son was given 15 cents. What time is it?

A. It's 8:51

A. 2

A. yes

He dident

A. Untill it starts

EDIT MIKES right its halfway any further and its just running out of the woods.

A. No as you would be dead.

If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 in another field, how many stacks would he have if he combined them in the center field?

A. 1 stack

I have in my hand only 2 U.S. coins which total 55 cents in value. One is not a nickel. What are the coins?

A. A nickel and 50c one is not a nickel the other one is.

A. 9

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 16-02-2004 , 09:10 PM
The Maya Mountain
Guess I'll give 'em a whirl. user added image

All of them.

As of this writing 2:45pm.

3, I'd suppose.

EDIT: Ah, I get it. user added image Tricky. That'd be 2.

Yes. It's just not a holiday, probably.

Moses didn't go on the Ark. That would be Noah.

A foot or so, I'd imagine, because after that he'd be running "in" the woods, rather than "into" them. Or perhaps halfway, because then he'd be running "out" of the woods.

I'd hope not, seeing as you're all dead and creepified.

1 big haystack.

What is it that goes up and down, but does not move?

I'd guess the sun?

50 cent piece and a nickel... one isn't a nickel, but the other is. user added image

What is 30 divided by 1/2 plus 10?

You are a bus driver. The driver starts his route and picks up 20 people at the first stop. At the next stop, he picks up 12 more, and drops off 8. He then goes to the next stop, picks up 4, drops off 7. At the next stop, he picks up 15 and drops off 18. Now, here comes the tricky part. What color is the driver's eyes?

In my case, brown.

You have a face alarm clock. You set it for 9 in the morning, and you go to bed at 8 at night. Supposing you fall asleep right when you go to bed, how many hours of sleep will you get?

I'm not that familliar with face alarm clocks, but I'd guess only 1 since I'm not certain they are able to tell the difference between am and pm.

# 5 16-02-2004 , 09:25 PM

(2/2)=1
1+2=3
Answer: 3
Isn't that what it's supossed to be? I mean, this one is not new, and the trick is that one would think something like: ((2+2)/2)=2 and that would be wrong. But I don't know... I guess it works either way, it's all up to whatever the questioner wants.

Also, I didn't know there were 50 cent coins here...

Also, I don't understand the one about the haystack... Why 1?

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 6 16-02-2004 , 09:30 PM
oh, wait, I get it. 1 big one if you put all of them together, lol :-p good one

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 7 16-02-2004 , 09:30 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by NightPhantom

Also, I don't understand the one about the haystack... Why 1?

Well you take all your hay stacks and combine them you have one big haystack user added image

# 8 16-02-2004 , 09:33 PM
SM Tea Boy

(2/2)=1
1+2=3
Answer: 3
Isn't that what it's supossed to be? I mean, this one is not new, and the trick is that one would think something like: ((2+2)/2)=2 and that would be wrong. But I don't know... I guess it works either way, it's all up to whatever the questioner wants.

Ah makes sense when written like this

Is half of two, plus two equal to 2 or 3?

# 9 16-02-2004 , 09:52 PM
The Maya Mountain
2+2=x

1/2 x = 2 or 3?

user added image

# 10 16-02-2004 , 09:52 PM
The Maya Mountain

Also, I didn't know there were 50 cent coins here...

called Half-Dollars with Kennedy on them.

# 11 16-02-2004 , 10:31 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by mtmckinley
2+2=x

1/2 x = 2 or 3?

user added image

2/1 = 1 + 2 = 3

user added image

lol

# 12 17-02-2004 , 05:30 PM

17: because that's in the present tense. So he would of had 26 beforehand one would presume

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 13 17-02-2004 , 05:46 PM
Subscriber

The missing dollar

Three businessmen find themselves unexpectedly stuck in a small town when their hotel is overbooked. They get in their car and drive around town looking for another lodging. After an hour or so they stumble across the only other hotel in town. They park-up and go to the reception to be told that there is only one room available and that it costs $30. They decide to take the room, pay their $10 each, and head upstairs.

A couple of hours later the hotels night staff arrives and the night manager looks through the register and sees that the three businessmen have paid $30 dollars for the room. He calls the bellhop over and tells him that, in fact, there is a special on tonight and it should have only cost $25. So he hands the bellhop 5 one dollar bills and instructs him to head upstairs and give it to the businessmen. However, on his way upstairs the bellhop decides to keep a little "tip". When the door to their room is answered, he hands them each a dollar bill and keeps the other two for himself!!!

Well here's the thing: the businessmen have paid $27 between them ($9 each) and the bellboy has pocketed $2. A total of $29... not the $30 that was originally spent. So where did the other dollar go?

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 14 17-02-2004 , 05:57 PM
Subscriber

Here's another...

A man live on the 20th floor of an apartment block. Every day when going to work he takes the lift to the bottom floor. On returning from work, he takes the lift only to the 10th floor and takes the stairs for the rest.

However, if it's raining outside he doesn't take the stairs but takes the lift to the 20th floor.

Why?

(for US readers "lift" = "elevator" user added image )

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 15 17-02-2004 , 10:49 PM
Q1: The 'other' doller isn't missing. The businessmen paid $28 between them - $25 dollers plus the the $3 handed back.

Q2: His a midget and cant reach the 20 button.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....