Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 05-06-2004 , 06:26 AM
Subscriber

how about a 55 point option : )

i want to get that apache tutorial...with the deal and all, but i cant afford 100 bucks for 70 points...any chance you guys could figure what the rate for 55 points would be and put an option up there? that would be pretty awesome, i dont think that the point/price ratio follows any rules...but 5/8ths of the difference of the 35 and 70 marks comes out to $1.55 a point, which is $85.25...and i could go for that : )

# 2 05-06-2004 , 08:54 AM
Kevin
hey Rubber - grab the 70 points and get the first few parts og the texturing one to user added image

I will have a chat with dave about it, not sure it will change as what if one day we have a discounted tutorial at 40 points? then people would also want one of those options... in the end we could have 50 options in the points system.

in any case..many thanks for your support rubberdude, it is greatly appreciated by us all user added image

# 3 05-06-2004 , 05:53 PM
Subscriber
im not sure how hard it is for you guys to change things like this, but why not just add the appropriate point purchasing amount on the page to buy the tutorial...so when i have the money to buy that tutorial, i can just click buy and the appropriate amount is charged, this way, when the deal is over you dont have to worry about the 55 points clutering up the buy menu (which of course would still be available) , and you can just make a new option for the next deal. I think that in the interest of turning a profit you do not want people to be detered by the fact that if they want one tutorial, they may have to overpay by as much as 20 points. to be honest with you, if it remains at its current setting i prob. wont be able to get it, because i cant afford a $100 chunk...being a student and all : ). the more options people have the more likely they are to buy, which is a good thing for you guys cause you get the cash, and a good thing for the people because they get to learn...

now that i think about it it may be a good idea to have that option on all the pages, you dont exactly need a deal on each page, but have the option to purchase the entire tutorial. so if the entire tutorial was 22 points then you could charge for just that...figure out the cost..and its done. then of course you could still have the other option page..but im sure people would use that less. i bet the number one thing that stops people from purchasing points is that they see a tutorial they want..but they dont want to spend 20 or 30 bucks more than they have to to get it. anyway...enough of my suggestions rant, its just an idea but i think that it might help sell some tutorials for you guys, which im assuming is a good thing : )