Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 02-12-2002 , 07:19 PM
Supreme Being

December Challenge Topic !!!

yoyoyo.. :p

Yep you guessed it guys.. this months Challenge Theme is...

... X-MAS.. !! user added imageuser added image

..BUT!!! as i think you guys already know that Adl and I.. well.. lets just say we aren't from around here.. (here, as in Planet Earth.. huuh?! :p )

we don't want your average X-MAS.. and we really don't care about the Merry aspect either.. hehe :p ..soooo..
This months Challenge IS..!!

Twisted X-MAS !!! muahahahahah user added image

yep thats right.. we want to see some fricky x-mas.. hehe

Concerning the entries..
the previous challenge rules still apply.. But!! This time we want to see Color.. you can Texture it, or just Color it.. we don't care..
It has to be Twisted.. Fricky is cool too.. hehe user added image
Every user that want's to participate, must make his own Thread named "Twisted X-Mas - YourName"..
Further guides lines conserning the challenge will be announced asap.. user added image

Happy Modelin'.. hehe :p

ps. merry x-mas too..

# 2 02-12-2002 , 11:47 PM
Subscriber

twisted??

what you mean twisted. the foot connected to the neck, the nose growing out of butt ??

could you possible be more specific about the topic? or anythin allowed but regular xmas???

# 3 03-12-2002 , 02:30 AM
Subscriber
so we have to keep the waterboy instead of the santa huh??

# 4 03-12-2002 , 03:49 AM
Hello Guys! As I see there´s a bit of confussion regarding the December Challenge topic. Anyone ever saw the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas? This somewhat the idea! user added image We don´t want no ugly-fat-santa-riding a sleigh ... how about trying your hands at Rudolph riding a sleigh with Santa pulling the darn thing! Or how about making it a post card! How about trying your hands at a gift eating up a kid or something (hmm .. I sensed I went to far with that one .. LOL) anyway .. you guys get the idea ..! We want some Twisted Xmass entries!

As per the guidelines remember to keep each image size 600 x 440px (easily done in Photoshop so no excuse for that) and remember to add your name in the image´s filename (as in adldesigner_twistedXmass.jpg) other guidelines will be posted ASAP (as in TOMORROW) user added image

# 5 03-12-2002 , 11:51 AM
Subscriber
i am still confused. will the challenge form now on always be challenge and competition together? if that is true i dont have to worry about if i enter as newbie or as normal. i know i have to decide if i am still newbie, but maybe someone will doubt my sanity. so i have to try harder now user added image

# 6 03-12-2002 , 01:07 PM
Subscriber
now I got the ideea!
ok, I will try to make a twistedX-mass user added image

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
# 7 04-12-2002 , 11:22 AM
Supreme Being

Originally posted by BabyDuck
i am still confused. will the challenge form now on always be challenge and competition together?

the challenge and the competition forum have merged.. so there will be only one challenge per month.. (for now.. hehe)..:p

Originally posted by BabyDuck
if that is true i dont have to worry about if i enter as newbie or as normal. i know i have to decide if i am still newbie, but maybe someone will doubt my sanity. so i have to try harder now user added image

well m8.. the newbie and normal entries still apply..

# 8 04-12-2002 , 11:46 AM
Subscriber
phew i didnt want to have to put my 2 months of skills against bullet and sethy and those fellas

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 9 04-12-2002 , 04:53 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Roman
well m8.. the newbie and normal entries still apply..

ok, that is good. but i dont know how to enter. from experience i am a total newbie. and then, i won as newbie once so i could try normal. but then the other newbies i competed with cannot take revenge. user added image

i think i enter the way other people want me to enter. if someone tells me i have the slightest chance if i enter normal, i will.

and can please one with power change my thread name to the correct name - i dont want to be the only one who did not understand it has to be "twistedxmas babyduck" user added image

# 10 07-12-2002 , 10:55 AM
Subscriber
OK, i am new here so i would like to apply as a newbie..
Will the progress be posted here?

During studies i may not be able to complete my project but since it's a CHALLENGE i'll do my best!

Ioannis KarAvas
# 11 07-12-2002 , 03:20 PM
Subscriber
nope, absolutelywhite,

the progress will be posted in your won thread named "Twisted X-Mas - AbsolutelyWhite". so you create that thread, and this way you apply for it ...

# 12 08-12-2002 , 02:21 PM
The twisted christmas challenge brings to mind the animated short "Santa vs. the Snowman," from DNA Productions, the company that does "Jimmy Neutron" for Nickelodeon. Check out some screenshots from it: Santa vs. the Snowman. AT-Igloo walkers and jet powered reindeer....gotta love that! user added image

# 13 09-12-2002 , 02:45 AM
Hey guys, is it all right if I join this one?? I won't be able to start until after next week though because I have tons of rendering to do before finals. Let me know, Hope you don't mind a late entry, but I have a really creative Idea! user added image
Thanks,
Brian

# 14 09-12-2002 , 03:42 AM
Subscriber
Brian

Welcome and I look forward to your Scene.

# 15 09-12-2002 , 09:36 PM
Subscriber
ok maybe im missing something but..... How do i join??? or did i join when i made a twisted x-mas post?

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>