Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 17-09-2008 , 02:14 AM
Subscriber

MEL Tutorials?

Anyone have any reading material for me on the subject of MEL?

I spent a bunch of time looking at the MEL section of the forums and am interested to learn more. For the exception of the Help files, which are actually pretty helpful, anyone know of any Mel tutorials or resource sites?

Cheers!

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 2 17-09-2008 , 03:48 AM
Not really man, the best thing I could suggest is getting "maya the complete Programming Vol 1" form Amazon or where ever, its superb.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 17-09-2008 , 08:37 AM
Subscriber
i think i saw an introduction to mel in digital tutors...i cant remember

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 17-09-2008 , 10:21 AM
Subscriber
Ya DT ave a couple of MEL DVDs and a Python one, the artists guide to MEL DVD is newer and although it's not supposed to be as indepth as the Intro to MEL DVD it goes through all the basics and that the intro covered plus some added extras.

Chris

# 5 17-09-2008 , 10:38 AM
Subscriber
well I took a look at most of what you guys have suggested. And Frankly a lot of that content is geared towards people who've not programmed before, or have little understanding of how things relate to MEL. The Maya help files seem to be a lot more useful to me, and much less expensive lol.

Thanks for the heads up everyone.

Arch Viz Reel

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 6 17-09-2008 , 11:31 AM
I still would suggest the book that I posted up, its really good and goes into making plug ins using the API and C++ as well as MEL, it gives you a really good understanding and is well worth it for reference alone.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 17-09-2008 , 12:17 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by gster123
I still would suggest the book that I posted up, its really good and goes into making plug ins using the API and C++ as well as MEL, it gives you a really good understanding and is well worth it for reference alone.

thank you kindly. Am looking into it as we speak.

Arch Viz Reel