Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 16-01-2003 , 04:14 PM
Subscriber

Boolean issues

I know booleans can be a source of frustration for many, including me, so maybe someone can offer advice or an alternative. I want to create a word, use bevel plus, then from a cube, carve the word out of it. The word would be inset as in the example. Ive been using boolean/intersection and having problems. If i create the boolean one letter at a time, i get to around 8 or 9 letters when the boolean operation doesnt compute properly. I tried combining all the polly letters and then perform the boolean. After about a minute of watching an hour glass, Maya states the operation has been performed, no errors but both cube and word disappear from the screen.

Anyone got a suggestion?

# 2 16-01-2003 , 08:07 PM
Subscriber
Try deleting the history of your cube and letters before and after the boolean. That's what I've always been told.

# 3 16-01-2003 , 08:43 PM
Subscriber
yeah, i did that darkware, before and after every letter. If there's no other solution i'll just need to split the word up into 3 parts and use three cubes and create it in sections.