Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 61 29-03-2005 , 10:11 AM
Subscriber
Your previous couple of clips were very worthy additions to the site user added image

LisaG

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 62 29-03-2005 , 10:16 AM
Subscriber
You must be the absolute Sweetest Person user added image

:o :o

# 63 23-10-2005 , 05:53 AM
Subscriber
I have just read through this whole thread and found it extremely informal. Its so hard to find good information on Live. Its the best i have found. Your a great asset to this site Lisa.
BMS, i wouldnt mind seeing some of the latest Live vids you did, that lisa was talking about, but the links are dead now. Any chance of getting them back up user added image

Cheers all

Nick

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.
# 64 23-10-2005 , 10:18 AM
Subscriber
Hi Nick,

I tried to access my FTP site but it looks like ftp access is down at the moment. If you like I can email it to you, its around 600kb, just pm your email address.

The clip is OK but really nothing too flash. It was footage taken at the Australian Airshow of the crowd and I added a robot that waved.

The first clip of the robot on the table doesn't exist anymore.

Best Regards
Paul

# 65 17-11-2005 , 08:49 PM
Wow - what an amazing thread - finding good info on Maya Live is very difficult. I posted my own thread on this board and was pointed here. Lisa thanks for all your knowledge and taking the time to share it with the rest of us. le_geo thanks for starting the thread and posting updates. BMS thanks for posting your vids - although only the original one works now - the rest are dead links. I would love to see your robot in crowd vid - anyway you can get it back online?

If anyone else has anything to add please do - any DVD tutorials out there for live that anyone knows of or a really good book?

# 66 17-11-2005 , 09:17 PM
Subscriber
I will have a look for the file and see if I can find a copy of it.

This is my most recent attempt at tracking:
Right Click and Save As

Also Issue 71 of 3D World has article on "Rules of Camera Tracking".

Cheers
Paul

# 67 17-11-2005 , 09:39 PM
Great job on your latest tracking effort - thanks for sharing. Are you still working on your compositing?

I checked out 3D World Magazine's website - but it looks like issue 72 is the latest - do you have any idea where I could track down that article from?

# 68 17-11-2005 , 09:52 PM
Subscriber
In Australia we are behind on the issues so we always get them late. In fact we completely missed issue 68 which had an article by our very own lisa_gonzalez. user added image

Not sure where you can get issue 71. It mainly discusses Types and colour of markers to use etc Still its very interesting reading. Its not a brilliant article or anything, just that it has some useful tips.

I still need to work on Compositing and also learn more about animation. I'm still very new to all this, I only really started trying to get my head around Maya this year.

Cheers
Paul

# 69 17-11-2005 , 10:03 PM
Subscriber
Wow, I think that's just taken me the best part of 20 minutes to read through and was worth everyone as this has to be the most informative tread I’ve read in ages.

Then again I have a feeling it's also just cost me a few pounds as I don't have a decent video camera yet and have suddenly developed a need to play with Live.

# 70 17-11-2005 , 10:16 PM
Paul, for being so new to Maya, you seem to be doing a great job. Wow - issue 68 features an article from Lisa? I tried looking up back issues on ebay but they are all old with the exception of issue 70 - in addition, my local library doesn't carry it - I'll have to check the bookstores and see if they still have issue 71 out.

Once again thanks for all your help - I really do appreciate it.

# 71 17-11-2005 , 10:27 PM
Subscriber
PM me your email address and I will email the old robot match movie clip. I finally found it on my HD user added image

Cheers
Paul

# 72 18-11-2005 , 03:20 AM
Okay, I've imported a tiff sequence into Maya and have been following the Live tutorial in the help file (using my own images) - after selecting some track points, I hit start track and I get an error://failed message - the dialogue box says "TIFF directory is missing required 'ImageLength' field." Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it?

# 73 18-11-2005 , 08:00 AM
Subscriber
Not sure what the error is, but I would suggest going through the tutorial step by step and make sure you haven't missed anything.

# 74 18-11-2005 , 03:31 PM
I have been following the tutorial step by step - with the exception of using my own tiff sequence and not the "fence file," as I don't have that file on my hard drive and I can't seem to locate the disc. I'll keep trying, but if anyone else has ever run across this and knows the fix please post.

# 75 18-11-2005 , 04:43 PM
Subscriber
Wow, I'm so happy this thread is still helping people out. If anybody has any tracking issues, I'd be glad to help. I was thinking about doing a tutorial for LIVE, seing as if you own Maya Unlimited it comes with it free, and its a useful thing to know especially for prsonal projects. I'm so unbelievably busy at work all the time it seems though, theres so much going on I just never seem to have the time. Maybe I should try to make the time if enough people are interested.

indiefilmmaker, I'm afraid I haven't come across the error you are experiencing in LIVE, if I do though I'll let you know.

If anybody has any tracking questions at all, just post them up here or start another thread and I'll see if I can help when I'm poppping round the board. I aslo know Boujou and 3dequalizer very well as well (better than LIVE actually), so if anybody uses those programs I can help out there too.

BMS knows his matchmoving stuff, I'm sure he can help people out too user added image

LisaG

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/