Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 17-03-2006 , 04:44 PM

Polygon Image Plane

Hey,
im trying to create a polygon image plane,
first by creating a polygon plane, and applying a texture from a file onto it via hypershade, but everytime i drag the texture on the plane or click add meterials to selection, the plane goes brighter but doesnt apply the texture, i cant see it.
Can anyone help me with this?

It was working fine the other day and just screwed up Sad

Its a pain in the ass cuz i wonna create some models!
Any help would be appriciated.
Thank you user added image

# 2 18-03-2006 , 12:51 AM
Have you tried pressing 6? for the hardware texturing?

Other than this i'm stumped, I use NURBS planes but I dont think this would make and difference.

# 3 19-03-2006 , 08:24 AM
Subscriber
i was having this problem as well...turned out my video drivers were corrupt...ended up installing a newer version of them and now maya works fine.

try this workaround:
with the viewpane selected, open up the attributes for the texture and just "reload file texture" it should show up. You'll have to do this every time you reopen the project though

# 4 19-03-2006 , 09:51 PM
Wayhey,
It worked!
Thanks alot m8.
Much appriciated.