Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-02-2005 , 05:56 PM
Subscriber

Carton render

Hey,
I am working on a short scene and I want to give it a look of an old lucas arts game (Day f the tentecal to be exact).
I tired using the vector render that came with maya but it doesnt supoprt all the lights.
can anyone point me in the right direction?

# 2 24-02-2005 , 08:23 PM
Subscriber
DOTT ROCKS!!! user added image

Don't really know anything about Vector Render, but if I get what you're trying to do, you can use a cellshaded shader... That creates a cartoon kinda effect (similar to the grapics in XIII if you've ever played it)

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 3 24-02-2005 , 08:31 PM
Subscriber
I agree DOTT does rock user added image
and do you happen to know where I can get a cell shader like that? all the plugins I did manage to find dont work on 6.5, and sicne that's what we have in class I have no choice....user added image

# 4 24-02-2005 , 08:32 PM
Subscriber
I know I've seen at least one over at highend3d.com but I haven't tried it out myself yet...

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 5 25-02-2005 , 11:35 AM
Subscriber
thanks, Ill take a look user added image