Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-09-2008 , 04:35 PM

apache

texturing this thing has been a nightmare for me. The transition between the tail section and the main body looks ugly. The settings for the shaders are the same and I'm using the same color file for both. Any comments or advice? Thanks..

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-09-2008 , 06:36 PM
The Nurb Herd
is the colour gain the same?

# 3 23-09-2008 , 03:56 PM
I think thats much better. anybody eles?

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 23-09-2008 , 06:09 PM
Subscriber
i haven't played enough with textures but it might be the edge is hard?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 5 23-09-2008 , 08:19 PM
Hi,

it looks better on the second image. You'll find this happens where you have two uv seams meeting and you're using a non-flat colour/texture - the best you can do (except for having a continuous map) is try and carefully paint the parts of the texture where the join will occur, so they are as similar as possible. You could copy a small selection from the texture, where the edge of one uv map ends, flip it across from left to right, and place it where the other uv map would meet it.

cheers

gubar

# 6 08-10-2008 , 12:11 AM
going slow

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 08-10-2008 , 07:13 PM
thats about it for awhile. I followed the tutorial by Kari Brown. I'll get around to animating later. I'm a 3D student, have a lot to learn.

Attached Thumbnails