Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 18-01-2005 , 02:45 PM

mouth spread

I have a simply poly model, called raptor, wich is a robot. This model have a mouth formed by several pieces of geometry.

I've set a driven key for a single scum to be opened from the locator you see, and I want to add separate control for each single 8 part.
I've set the driven key just for the first one ('cause is aligned with the z axis and the rotation is much more easier), the problem is I can't figure how to copy the driven key so other pieces can spread in the same way relatively to their position. I want to rotate, for instance, the other pieces in the same way according to their position. There's a way, so, to open, in radial way, all the pieces of geometry? I can do a manual driven key for the pieces (named scum1, scum3, scum5, scum7) that are perpendicular to the main axes but I dunno how to rotate the diagonal pieces to obtain the same result.
Every suggestion would be appreciated.

https://www.powernemoproject.com/temp/raptor.jpg

# 2 18-01-2005 , 03:50 PM
The Maya Mountain
The easiest way (although kinda complicated if you're not used to the process) for me to do this kind of thing is to set driven key all the objects at once using their local rocation.

# 3 18-01-2005 , 04:10 PM
Thanx for your reply mtmckinley, I was mislead from the connections in Hypergraph, but at the end I've figured myself how to do in this case:

- I've set only one driven key to the first piece (the most easy to key).

- Selected the 3 curves obtained (scum1_rotX, scum1_rotY, scum1_rotZ)from the Hypergraph, duplicated 7 times, for a total of 24 curves, and renamed conveniently.

- Then with Connection Editor and Hypergraph I've connected the attributes of the locator (scum1, scum2 etc.) first to curves (scum1_rotX, scum1_rotY, scum1_rotZ,scum2_rotX, scum2_rotY, scum2_rotZ etc. ) then to rotX, rotY and rotZ of each single piece, as shown in the figure below.

- In addition I've added a global control called scum_all wich control all the pieces at the same time, setting a driven key with scum_all as driver and alle the 8 attributes together as driven.

That's all. Thanx anyway for your help, appreciate your work.

https://www.powernemoproject.com/temp/raptor1.jpg