Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-11-2006 , 02:24 AM
Subscriber

Maya 8 Extrude Faces Problem

I just installed Maya 8 and have been redoing the Apache tutorial. The thing is . . . extrude faces using a curve does not seem to be working. Extrude using curve is checked, but . . . nothing seems to happen (see pics). In Maya 7, you just shift selected the curve and hit extrude.

But . . . all the extrude functions have been consolidated in Maya 8 into one button. I'm sure I just some option not set correctly. I'm sure it's something simple. I've tried resetting the tool, but . . . same results.

Any advice?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-11-2006 , 02:25 AM
Subscriber

Here are the options

Here is how the options are set for the tool.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 06-11-2006 , 11:38 AM
could the number of divisions be to blame? i would think that if you extrude along a curve but only have one division you'd only get a straight extrusion anyway *shrug*

Accept no substitutions.