Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 10-05-2005 , 02:24 AM

How do I watch my movie in a preview window, apart from Playblast?

Hi, I'm somewhat new to Maya (Been using PLE since september 2004. user added image Just recently got 6.5 on May 1st) and I've made a few 10-30 second animations and I've been wondering how to watch the movie in a window, apart from using Playblast, that is, if it's possible. I'd also like to find out how to change the preview to a .mov file. If you've got answers , I'd be happy to know! Thanks in advance! user added image

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 2 10-05-2005 , 03:32 PM
Well, you have to Batch Render out your animation. You can then check it with F-Check. That comes with Maya. It allows you tp preview your frames. It will not be real time though.

If you have After Effects or some other compositing program then you can import the frames as a sequence then render out a .mov from there. I think some non-linear edit programs will take frame sequences as well.

# 3 10-05-2005 , 04:01 PM
In your render globals you can choose a file type of .avi, and that will output an (uncompressed) avi file which you can preview with any media player.

# 4 12-05-2005 , 12:47 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the tips user added image I was a bit slow in replying as I haven't been on in a while, but I'm gonna go give these a try. Thanks again guys/guyettes.

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.