Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-05-2007 , 09:28 AM
Subscriber

False ceiling

How can I create a realistic false ceiling?

# 2 06-05-2007 , 02:40 PM
Subscriber
do you mean a glass ceiling? if so go to window-> Rendering Editors-> Hyper shade... Create a phong material. ctrl-a to get attribute editor. click and drage the transparency slider to white, then reflectivity to what ever looks good. and then assign it to the material. i got this from learning maya 7 foundations. i hope this is what you mean.

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 3 06-05-2007 , 03:14 PM
Subscriber
No. False ceiling, in uk, is like a ceiling tile. It can be found in most offices etc.

# 4 06-05-2007 , 07:54 PM
Subscriber
oooo so you mean just those white square things? that have holes in them?

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 5 06-05-2007 , 08:37 PM
Subscriber
IF you mean the false square things with holes in them, make a texture of approperate size, creamish colored, not a soid color, have light variations in it, paint in some black sopts of random size and shape, maybe add a bit of noise into it with photoshop to simulate the smaller dots...save....convert to greyscale, save a differnt name, apply colored variant to color mode of shader, apply greyscale to bump channel, adjust bump settings accordingly, Done;;

If you mean real tiles...same process, without the holes ...thouhg i would still get a solid white texture, apply a noise filter to it, and map that to the bump channel, as i've never seen perfectly smooth celing tiles, though, i live in the US, so maybe in the UK they have somethign different?.. either way, my two cents.. hope it helps..

By the by, for the first option i mentioned, i'd use a lambert, teak spec and reflectivness just a tad... for the econd, atleast the tiles i'm thinking of, a phong,
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!