Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 23-09-2002 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber

Birail not working

when i try to use birail 2, it creats nothing

Error: dpBirailSrf1 (Dp Birail Srf Node): First profile does not intersect rail curves. //
// Warning: dpBirailSrf1 (Dp Birail Srf Node): Birail surface not created //
// Warning: You have an empty result since history is on. You may want to undo the last command. //
// Result: dpsBirailSurface1 dpBirailSrf1 //
select -tgl curve4 ;

i used snap to vertices and snaped all relative edit points to the place on profile and rails but didnt work.

heres a pic of the scene

# 2 23-09-2002 , 06:12 PM
The Maya Mountain
it's the CVs that need to be snapped. Also, unless you only want the square section in the middle, you'll need to snap to the ends of the rail curves.

# 3 23-09-2002 , 06:16 PM
Subscriber
Again you hop to the rescue Mtm, thanks

# 4 23-09-2002 , 06:20 PM
Subscriber
One more question though, can i use birail if my Profiles are closed curves?? and where would i put my rails then?

# 5 23-09-2002 , 06:36 PM
The Maya Mountain
that would seem more like an extrude situation

# 6 24-09-2002 , 02:42 AM
i found that when i was using the birail tool that i ran into the same problems. i ended up just making sure that all your curves touched either other and that the same/opposite rail or profile curve had the same number of CV's, easiest way, click on the click CTRL+A, look at the spans and make sure they all co-respond to one another

i found this made the world of birailing soo much easier

Kyle