SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Lighting & Rendering / Missing mia-materials. Any idea?

Lighting & Rendering General Lighting, Camera & Rendering Related Topics

Join the conversation. Reply to post

08-04-2016, 01:42 PM   #1
Kokaaa

Missing mia-materials. Any idea?
Hello,
im facing a problem with the mental ray plugin and already asked for help in different forums.
Maybe you can help?!

Ive installed mental ray (and yeah, its "loaded") but there are no presets for mia_materials. Simply missing.

Attribute Editor -> Presets -> mia_material_x# Should be the right tab. When i click on "Presets*" it only offers "Save mia_..." and "Edit Presets".
Searched online for hours without any success. Already reinstalled Maya and Mental Ray plugin.

My involved folders:

- C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016
- C:\Program Files\Autodesk\mentalrayForMaya2016
- C:\Users\Username\Documents\maya

All material scripts are in the "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\mentalrayForMaya2016\presets\attrPr esets\mia_material_x" folder.

Example SS: http://snag.gy/IFPEN.jpg

How can i import them? | Do i need to load another plugin? | Are there differnt versions of mental ray?

Any idea what may cause the problem?

Thanks for reading!